As a Mum of two, I never like to leave the house without my essentials, especially if we are going out for the whole day. I would hate to be out somewhere and need something and not have it to hand.
Now that L is 12 I no longer really need to ‘carry’ anything around for her in my bag, but I do have a few items for her for those ‘just incase moments’
I currently have the Pink Lining ‘Not So Plain Jane’ Bag but now C is getting bigger i’ve been considering swapping this to maybe a smaller bag or even one of their backpacks. The bag I currently have is perfect for hanging on the buggy but once he is out of that stage I feel maybe a rucksack would be easier to carry around.
Here is what I have packed in my bag on a typical day out for us:
1) Nappies – C is still in nappies so obviously these are pretty essential to take out with us.
2) Wipes – Wipes are a godsend – not only for nappy changes but they are so handy for wiping sticky hands or mucky faces.
3) First Aid/Wet Bag – It’s amazing how much you can fit into a little bag! I have in there a few sachets of Calpol, a bottle of Nurofen, a few Calpol tablets for L, Paracetamol for myself or the hubby, Sudocrem, Metanium, snuffle babe (you just never know), a packet of tissues, Plasters, hayfever relief tablets (L suffers from hayfever in the summer) and Antibacterial Gel (a must have especially after nappy changes/using public toilets or before eating).
4) Snacks – Again I use a little wet bag and I always have a supply of dry snacks in the bag. If we are going out for a longer period or a picnic then I will of course pack fresh food with me for the day.
5) Drink – I always make sure C has a drink of water when we go out.
6) Spare Change of Clothes – Seeing as we are in the summer at the moment I have a spare change of shorts, a t-shirt & a summer hat.
7) Suncream – Super important with this gorgeous sunny weather we have at the minute.
7) Mummy’s Things! – I of course always carry my purse, I make sure I have my sunglasses, a small hairbrush, my house/car keys and my all important iPhone!
It might seem a lot but what I love about my bag is it all fits in so well. There are lots of handy little pockets and compartments inside the bag so everything has a place if its own.
What are your must-haves in your bag for when you’re out and about?