Seeing as we are 6 months in (well just a little bit over) I thought I would update on how i’m getting on with my 2015 Goals. You can see my Goals for 2015 in a post here.
1) – Savings Tin – Back in January I bought myself a little tin and begun adding at least €1 a day – I was only using €1 & €2 coins so it soon added up and started to feel heavy. Ideally I would have liked to have filled the tin but as we moved in April, I obviously had to open it because we would no longer be living in a Country using Euros. I was really surprised at how much I had saved in such a short space of time & I never really noticed the odd few coins coming out of my purse each day. I haven’t started another one as yet but I do plan on starting a new tin now we’re back using £1 & £2 coins instead.
2) 365 Project – I had planned on taking photos every day of the children and uploading them to the 365 project so I could to see how much they changed over the year. I was doing really well but when C was taken into hospital, getting the camera out and snapping a photo of him was the last thing on my mind. Plus L was staying with my Mum so I wasn’t able to take many of her either. So the 365 project did fail but I have been making sure I take lots of photos of them both, especially since we’ve moved back here. I’m making lots of memories of the things we get up to.
3) Memory Jar – Again this got off to a good start but once the jar got packed away for the big move it’s kind of not really come back out yet 🙁 I have been documenting special moments and milestones on the blog though, so does that count?
4) Drink more water/fluids – I have been doing much better with this – I have been making an effort to drink more – some days I could still do better but I have improved!
5) Stop stressing and worrying so much – Ahhhh well yes, this is a tough one .. moving house (and Country) certainly had a lot of stresses and so did registering our car for UK registration but on the whole I have stopped worrying about certain things I guess.
6) Have some earlier nights – Hmmmm …. lol could be doing more of this!
7) Make new friends – This is ongoing – we’ve not been here long! Hopefully though I will do.
8) Make more time for me – No, this hasn’t really happened at all – must try and do this.
9) Cupboard and house organisation – Working progress – I still have some of this to do – unpacking boxes takes time doesn’t it?
10) Try and reduce waste – I think i’ve improved on this actually – for a start our wheelie bins are smaller here and we’ve been doing ok so that’s a good sign.
11) Get the house finished – Well yes we finally did get it all finished and decorated – only to move out and rent it out to tenants. Ahh well at least it’s a completed goal eh?
12) Making memories – As I said above I have been doing that by taking lots of photos, videos and uploading special key dates to my blog 🙂
13) Have a family holiday booked by the end of 2015 – This hasn’t happened as yet – we’ve still got 6 months though!
So there you go – not doing too bad and i’ve still got 6 months left to continue and improve on certain areas.
How are you doing with your 2015 goals/resolutions?