Happy New Year!
It’s the start of a brand New Year and what better time to launch my new blog!
Seeing as it’s the start of a brand New Year i’ve decided to set myself a few goals. I’m not calling them resolutions as such, i’m seeing them as goals I would like to work towards and hopefully by the end of the year I will have completed/achieved them.
I also have a few little ‘projects’ I would like to complete this year too. The first one being a little mini savings idea.
I have purchased myself a Money Saving Tin and I intend on putting at least £1 a day in for the next 365 days. That way by the end of the year I should have a minimum of £365 to put towards a little treat or even towards the cost of next years Christmas (if I open it a little earlier) Some days I will also pop a little extra in, but the minimum each day will be £1.
It’s amazing how quickly children change and grow up over a year. I might not be as aware of their changes when I see them on a day to day basis. 365 Project is a great way to see those changes over the year. I’ve decided to take a photo every day of this year of the children. That way at the end of the year I can look back and see just how much they have grown & changed.
Lastly my third little ‘project’ is to make a ‘Memories Jar’.
I have purchased a regular glass jar & i’ve given it a little label … “Our 2015 Memories Jar’. The idea behind this is each time you do something that makes you smile, makes you happy or you just want to document something special like a milestone either of the children have achieved, I am going to pop it down on a little sticky note along with the date and pop it into the jar. At the end of the year we can then as a family get the pieces of paper out and re-live those special memories.
Now onto my goals … I have separated them into three categories – ‘Me’, ‘Our Home’ & ‘General’
Goals for Me!
1) Drink more water/fluids. This is a bad habit of mine! I am terrible for not drinking enough fluids in the day and as a result i’ve been feeling the effects recently. This year I am going to change it all and start drinking more! This alone will also help on a few goals i’ve also got further on down.
2) Stop stressing & worrying so much!!! Live for the moment I say. What is the point in worrying over something that may never happen!
3) Exercise more – I need to do this to help me get into a better shape, increase my energy & generally get fitter. Even if it’s just a brisk walk round the block everyday, it’s better than nothing.
4) Have more early nights …. I’m a bit of a one for putting the youngest to bed and trying to maximise ‘my’ time. He doesn’t nap in the day anymore so my days are full on. Come the evening I like to sit down and relax for a few hours, but in doing so I tend to stay up a bit later than I should and therefore i’m not getting enough hours in sleeping. I then wake up feeling more tired than I should. A few times a week I am going to try and have a few earlier nights.
5) Make new friends. I don’t currently live in the place I come from. I have found it hard to try and make friends despite lots of people I know living locally with children. They seem happy enough to keep themselves to themselves and the same goes for baby/toddler groups. We are planning a big move in the next 6 months moving Country, back home, so when we arrive i’m going to find all the local groups so I can make some Mummy friends with children a similar age to my son.
6) Make more time to do things I like doing …. It’s exactly that! I enjoy baking but I never seem to get the chance to do it on my own, I bake with the children, but there is something quite nice about having a peaceful baking session to yourself.
Goals for our home.
1) More cupboard & storage organisation. Like I said above we are planning a house move later this year. We will most likely have to downgrade in house size to be where we want to be, so storage and organisation is going to be key! I want my cupboards to have little handy storage baskets inside holding the contents of the cupboard – things are far easier to find and also keep tidier when they are stored like that.
2) Try and reduce our waste – I want to try and reduce our waste this year – wether it being us donating more to charities when we are done with a certain toy or item or trying to use up all the contents of the fridge before they have to go in the bin because we’ve not got around to using them up before the best before date.
3) Get the house finished … it’s a simple as that – we have a few odd ends needing doing to the house. I would like to get them done sooner rather than later so we get the benefits from it before we move.
1) Make memories – The 365 Project is going to help me on this one! Plus I want to get the camera & video camera out more. You can’t beat having those precious memories to look back on in years to come.
2) I would like to have a family holiday booked by the end of 2015 … even if it means we don’t go until the following year, it will be nice to have something to look forward to. The last family holiday we had was in 2011 when we visited DisneyWorld in Florida.
Thats it … my goals for 2015. I am quite excited about them all and i’m looking forward to putting them all into practice.
What goals have you set yourself for 2015? x